Serverware Limited Warranty
ServerWare Sdn Bhd (“Serverware”) warrants its products, if properly used and installed, to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of time detailed below from the date of Serverware’s invoice. A further 30-days warranty grace period is granted upon the respective expiration of the labor and parts warranty period specified herein. This limited warranty applies only to the original purchasers of Serverware’s products who are direct customers or distributors of Serverware (“Customer”).
ServerwareServers products**: Serverware provides a three-year warranty for labor and three-year warranty for parts. This is a limited warranty that is set forth for Serverware’s products.
Other server products: Special warranty terms shall apply and will be indicated in each specific product purchase orders’ corresponding invoices. In the absence of such special warranty terms, the warranty terms set forth above for Serverware Server’s products shall apply.
Motherboard, Chassis, Power supplies, SSD a and Servers products:Serverware provides a three-year warranty for labor and three-year warranty for parts. This limited warranty excludes advance part replacement service from Serverware invoice.
SSD integrated into Serverware servers or is bought as parts by Customers are deemed to be a consumable and thus will not be covered as part of the 3 years warranty. Depending on the SSD parts manufacturer response on warranty claim, SSD lifespan is and will be considered on the total sum of usages by by Customer on read/write volume.
Upon expiration of the three-year parts warranty,the general technical support including, but not limited to, general RMA requests, phone support, one-way shipping and handling, but does not include labor specifically associated with the repair or replacement of out-of-warranty parts for which additional service charges will apply.
If returned products are: a) within the warranty period, b) accompanied by the proper Return Materials Authorization (“RMA”) and c) defective as determined by Serverware; Serverware will, at its option:
1) repair the defective product within 10 working days,
2) replace the defective product with a refurbished product or
3) issue a credit to the Customer for the current value of the product.
For purposes of this Limited Warranty, “refurbished” means a product or part that has been returned to its original specifications. Serverware has no obligation to repair or replace parts beyond the three-year warranty period; however, Serverware may repair or replace provided that
1) Customer pays for the cost of obtaining the part(s) and
2) the part(s) are available for purchase.
2. WARRANTY VOID CONDITIONS – This limited warranty does not cover any failure(s) or defect(s) caused by misuse, accident, abnormal or unusually heavy use, improper packaging or handling, neglect, abuse, alteration, improper installation, unauthorized repair or modification, improper testing or causes external to the product such as, but not limited to, excessive heat or humidity, power failures, power surges or acts of God.
This limited warranty will be void if evidence is seen of screw holes created by Customer, burned-out chips, more than four wires are broken, evidence of repair work performed or damage caused by a party other than Serverware.
This limited warranty does not cover expendable components, any software supplied by Serverware, any experimental or developmental products, compatibility issues with other hardware and software products introduced after the time of purchase, or products or accessories not manufactured by Serverware.
Under no circumstances will Serverware be responsible for other costs associated with product replacement or repair, such as labor, installation or other costs incurred by the Customer.
3. PRODUCT RETURNS – In the event that a product needs to be returned to Supermicro for warranty service, the Customer must first obtain a RMA number from Supermicro. The RMA number must be clearly printed on the outside of the box in which the product is returned. Supermicro will not accept any shipment without an RMA number.
After processing an RMA request, Supermicro reserves the right to request the total cost of the replacement products or the actual products itself if Supermicro later determines it to have sustained damage through actions of the Customer.
4. RMA REQUIREMENTS – The Customer must supply the following information to Serverware to obtain an RMA number: invoice date, invoice number, product model name, serial number and reason for return. RMA number will become void if the product it covers is not received by Serverware within 30 days after the RMA number is issued. When returning a product for RMA, Customer must ship with freight prepaid, include in the box a copy of the original invoice and a detailed note describing the problem. Customer must also make sure the RMA number is clearly marked on the outside of the box. All RMAs must be returned in the products’ original packaging.
5. RETURN FOR CREDIT – Defective or DOA Products may be returned for credit within 30 days from Serverware’s invoice date. Credit will only be issued if returned products are in brand new condition. Serverware will charge a restocking fee of an amount no less than 30% of the original purchase price for any returned product that is non-defective or arrives with an incomplete package. Serverware will allow a 10-day period for shipment of a returned product to reach Serverware.
6. DOA CONDITIONS – Customer must notify Serverware according to Sections 3 and 4 above of all DOA (“Dead On Arrival”) products within 15 days from the invoice date for advance part replacement service . Advance part replacement service period for DOA Super Server products is as set forth in Section 1 above.
7. REPLACEMENT CONDITIONS – All product replacements are subject to quantity available in Serverware stock. If Serverware does not have stock to replace the returned products, Serverware shall have at least 45 days to manufacture and replace the returned products.
8. OUT-OF-WARRANTY SERVICE – Upon expiration of the aforementioned limited warranties, Serverware may provide additional services up to 2 years from the date of expiration subject to additional charges. Serverware shall have the option to replace defective products with refurbished or functionally equivalent products in the event that Serverware determines, in its sole discretion, that a repair is impracticable. Customer shall pay for all shipping, service, parts, and other charges associated with out-of-warranty services.
9. CANCELLATIONS – A cancelled order will be subject to a cancellation charge of an amount of 30% of the total order amount.
10. WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS – Serverware’s warranty policy does not include products intended for OEM/ODM distribution or refurbished products and does not cover server semiconductor components and third party components including but not limited to CPU socket pins, chipsets and processors.
11. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY – Except as specified in this warranty, Serverware disclaims all other warranties, express or implied including, but not limited to any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. To the extent an implied warranty cannot be excluded, such warranty is limited in duration to the express warranty period. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, the above limitations may not apply.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY – Serverware’s liability under this, or any other warranty, implied or express, is limited to repair, replacement or refund. In no event will Serverware be liable for direct, special, incidental, or consequential damages however caused and regardless of the theory of liability including, but not limited to, lost profits, downtime, goodwill, damage to or replacement of equipment and property, and any costs of recovering, reprogramming, or reproducing any document or data stored in or used with a system containing this product. Some states or jurisdictions do not allow limitation or exclusion of consequential or incidental damages thus the above limitation may not apply.
** A Serverware Servers is a Serverware choice of motherboard and chassis professionally pre-installed atServerware. Information in this document is subject to change without notice.
Last Update: 10.58am MY Time, 7th Jan 2020
Please contact us on the form at https://www.serverware.com.my/ for more details.